Emerging Varietals 2.0 (6pk)
- Purple Hands ‘Colours of the South’ Pinot Blanc 2022: The grape variety is most commonly associated with Alsace, where Pinot Gris, Riesling and Gewurztraminer also enjoy fame. Lighter bodied and higher in acidity than Chardonnay, this example is all florals, complexed by spice, lemon skin, apple, musk and flint.
- Chaffey Bros. ‘Kontrapunkt’ Kerner 2021: This evocative, textural treat is the brainchild of August Herold. First planted in 1929 as a crossbreed of Riesling and Trollinger. Fast forward 76 years to when Barossa bros Graeme & Michael Fechner had that elusive lightbulb moment - to plant Kerner cuttings in their northern Eden Valley vineyard whilst on a research trip in Germany.
- Lienert Vineyards ‘Tierra del Puerco’ Malbec 2021: Recent fame has been found in Argentina for Malbec, with its historic home in Cahors, and also a small amount used for blending in Bordeaux. This example, from the western ridge of Barossa, is super juicy and fragrant.
- Purple Hands ‘After Five Wine Co.’ Primitivo 2021: Here comes some controversy and discussion! Recent DNA analysis (thank you, Jancis Robinson) has proven Primitivo & Zinfandel to be genetically identical, clonally different. Plavic Mall is similar, but a cross with another Dalmatian variety. This wine has vibrant colour, complex aromas of cherry, cinnamon quill, tobacco, strawberry conserve and chocolate bullets. A medium to full bodied palate that has a supple almost velvety feel.
- Purple Hands ‘After Five Wine Co.’ Montepulciano 2019: We had the Sons of Eden Montepulciano in our previous pack, the difference here is it’s all dark cherry, fennel seed, plum, herbs oregano and thyme. Grown on the Adriatic coast of Italy, Montepulciano is the second largest grape by planting in Italy. Plantings have rapidly increased in Australia in the last ten years as it's suitability for warmer areas has been discovered.
- Spinifex Adelaide Hills Aglianico 2019: It has to be said, Adelaide Hills contraband, but this is too good not to include. Herb and spice infused aromatics, bright fruits and refreshing fruit tannin and acids. Home is in Italy where it thrives in warmer regions, and is late maturing.
Delivery: Free. Have this set delivered to you, free of shipping charges, anywhere in Australia